Happy Monday and happy snow day!
While I am more than ready for spring, I am very happy to have an unexpected three-day weekend. (Federal offices in D.C. are closed today because of the weather, and my office operates on the federal schedule even though we are a private non-profit.) I’m grateful for the extra time to blog, clean, watch House of Cards, do laundry, and organize my Scentsy supplies.
Some thoughts for today:
1. Even in this lousy weather, I went to the gym this morning!
I fell asleep on the early side last night, and my cat woke me up before 5 a.m. this morning. I just could not go back to sleep after getting up to feed her, so instead of wasting the time, I decided to head to the gym. (Surprisingly, they were open on time!) I wasn’t planning on going today because of the bad weather and not having to work, but it really wasn’t terrible when I left the house around 6 a.m. (Another upside: the gym is part of the town center located just outside of our townhome community.) I’m so glad that I got in the hour walk on the treadmill (on a hills setting at 3.4 mph), because now I can spend the rest of the snow day doing sedentary things and not feel guilty! I also think it set me up to be productive today — it’s crazy how alert and motivated being active can make me feel!
2. Scentsy’s Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is here! I always love the excitement of transition, the bi-annual time when Scentsy’s catalog changes. One of my favorite things in the new catalog is Roosevelt the Rabbit:
Each catalog, Scentsy introduces a new charitable cause product. While often a warmer, the Spring/Summer 2014 charitable cause product is a Buddy! Scentsy Buddies include a Scent Pak that can be inserted into the back of the stuffed animal to emit a soft fragrance–perfect for children. For every sale of Roosevelt the Rabbit at $30, $6.50 will be donated to the March of Dimes “imbornto” campaign.
3. Wednesday is the first day of Lent: Although I’ve been attending an Anglican church for about 6 years, I’ve never really observed Lent faithfully. I’ve decided to do that this year and will post more about what that looks like for me later this week.
4. I started a “Workout Log” on the blog! I’d like to keep a consistent record of my workouts and figured that this is the perfect place to do that! I tried to remember the best I could what I did last week, and starting today I will update the log regularly.
5. I’m looking forward to trying this new recipe this week:
I’ve been a Cooking Light subscriber for many years, but unfortunately, I don’t make as many dishes out of the magazine as I should. This recipe for “Chicken Cutlets with Mushrooms and Pearl Onions” featured on the cover was calling my name from the moment I pulled it out of the mailbox, and I look forward to trying it this week!
What is the weather like today where you are?
Have you gotten to take a look at the new Scentsy catalog? If so, what is your favorite new product?
Have you tried any new recipes lately? I’m always looking for recommendations!