Happy “Weigh-In Wednesday,” everybody!
Let’s get right down to it…
I lost 0.6 pounds this week! I now weigh 170.0 pounds exactly.
Unfortunately, though, this means that I did not meet my weekly goal of losing 1 pound.
I think my weigh-in this morning was impacted by several things: I lost a lot of weight last week (1.8 pounds) and suspected the scale would even out; I did not work out on Monday or on Tuesday; and we went to P.F. Chang’s for dinner on Tuesday night. All of the salt in the (delicious) P.F. Chang’s food and the fact that I exceeded my daily goal by about 350 calories did nothing to help my weigh-in this morning.
However, in the 28 days that I’ve been tracking my intake and daily movement, I’ve lost 7 pounds! That is an average of 1.75 pounds per week, about which I’m absolutely thrilled. I’m almost positive that I never lost this much weight any of the other times that I’ve tried.
Progress toward last week’s goals:
- Goal: Lose 1 pound. Status: Did not achieve; fell short by 0.4 pounds.
- Goal: Attend back-to-back BodyPump and BodyCombat classes at my gym, Sport&Health, on Saturday morning. Status: Achieved! I posted about the classes in last weekend’s update.
- Goal: Try 2 new recipes. Status: Half-achieved. Last Thursday, I made Parmesan and Pine Nut-Crusted Oven-Fried Chicken from the March issue of Cooking Light. It was delicious, and my hubby loved it, too! Unfortunately, though, I ran out of time to try a second new recipe this week.
By next week’s weigh-in, I will:
- Lose 1 pound.
- Go to the gym on 5 out of the 7 days. (Since I went this morning, I already have one day down!)
- Try 1 new recipe.
- Formulate a fitness goal. (A friend recommended that I do this, and I think she’s right. I think this will give me some direction in my workouts on the days when I’m not taking a fitness class.)
Overall, I feel great and am thrilled with how this journey is unfolding. There is always room for improvement, but I’m so happy with how far I’ve already come.
A parting thought–another anthem:
I’m a survivor
I’m not gon’ give up
I’m not gon’ stop
I’m gon’ work harder
Do you have any healthy recipe recommendations? I would love some suggestions, especially for recipes not obviously healthy. My hubby was pleasantly surprised by the quality and relative healthiness of the oven-fried chicken.
Do you have a song that you use as a personal anthem? They can be so motivating!