Today marks one month since I re-started blogging about my weight-loss journey! Woo hoo!
And, I can happily report that I had a fantastic loss this week!
I lost 2.8 pounds, for a total of 9.8 pounds since I started!
Now, I must add the caveat that my scale is acting screwy, and I plan on buying a new one before weighing in next Wednesday. I stepped on the scale several times in a few minute period this morning, and I got several different readings. However, many of them were actually in the 166’s, so I chose a measurement that appeared a few times that was a bit more conservative, just in case.
If this was an abnormal loss, the scale will correct itself next week. But I am beyond thrilled with my results! Only 0.2 pounds to go, and I’ve officially earned a new workout outfit!
Progress toward last week’s goals:
- Goal: Lose 1 pound. Status: Achieved! Hooray!
- Goal: Go to the gym on 5 out of the 7 days. Status: Did not achieve. I actually only went to the gym 3 times in the last week, because we hiked outside as a family on Saturday morning. I also wanted to get to Zumba last night, but I ran out of time after making myself dinner. I think I need to continue moderating expectations and realize that I’m probably not going to be able to attend exercise classes on weeknights, unless I head there right after work without going home first (like I did with the 6:30 p.m. BodyPump class today and plan to continue doing).
- Goal: Try 1 new recipe. Achieved! See my write-up here on the Tilapia with Lemon-Garlic Sauce recipe from Cooking Light that I made last night.
- Goal: Formulate a fitness goal. Status: Achieved. I am going to start following the Couch to 5k (C25k) running plan! The workouts might be a bit too easy at first, since I have been walking/jogging for several weeks now, but on those days, I’ll supplement with another form of cardio. I also plan on going to BodyPump two times per week (Wednesdays and Saturdays).
I am a little nervous about starting the C25k plan again, since I had such a bad time starting it in the fall, but I am determined! I haven’t signed up for a race yet, because I do want to moderate and go at the best pace for me, but it is definitely on my mind.
By next week’s weigh-in, I will:
- Achieve a total loss of 10 pounds. (While I aim to lose 1 pound each week, I had such a huge loss this week — and because my scale might be off — that I want to be realistic about what I might see next time.)
- Try 1 new recipe.
- Hit the gym 4 times — I already got one session in tonight — and start the C25k plan.
All-in-all, this was a very successful “Weigh-in Wednesday”! (I also want to give a shout out to Lindsay, who started her own “Weigh-in Wednesday” journey today.)
Do you use a scale that you particularly like? I’m debating if I want to get one with all of the bells and whistles, including the capability to measure BMI, or just stick to something simple that (accurately) gets the job done.