Welcome to this week’s installment of Weigh-In Wednesday! Let’s get right down to it.
By some miracle, I’m down 1.8 pounds!
The scale is actually playing tricks on me again — I got a few readings of 164.4 — but just to be safe, I went with the higher number as my official weight.
I’m not really sure how this loss happened, because (as planned) I wasn’t overly vigilant about my eating habits this past week, and I barely worked out (which wasn’t planned). I will definitely take it, though! (I do think that one of the things that really helped was travelling over 25,000 steps on Saturday, mostly due to my time at the Cherry Blossom Festival!)
Progress toward last week’s goals:
- Goal: Maintain my current weight. Status: Exceeded! I’m elated!
- Goal: Work out 4 times and continue with the C25k plan. Status: I actually fell very short here — I’ve only exercised once in the past week. I’m finding it very difficult again to get out of bed in the mornings to work out, and my weekends have been very busy. I just need to stop making excuses and get back to it.
Goals for the next week:
- Goal: Maintain my current weight. Just like I mentioned last week, I know my eating in the coming week is going to be a bit more indulgent than usual, because my family is coming into town, and it’s Easter. I want to enjoy myself this weekend without worrying too much about my intake, so I’m going to moderate expectations and just aim to not gain anything.
- Goal: Work out 4 times and continue with the C25k plan. I think this is actually very achievable this week. I already plan on working out on Friday afternoon, Saturday morning, and Monday morning. I think getting back into an exercise routine will help me keep my weight steady after eating a lot this coming weekend.
- Goal: Develop a set weekly exercise schedule. A trusted adviser of mine recommended that I do this, and I know she’s right, because it will get me in a rhythm. I developed a weekly schedule last fall, but I didn’t stick to it. I think it’s time to take a second look and develop a realistic plan that I can really implement.
I couldn’t be happier with the results of this past week, however undeserved.
Do you give yourself the freedom to indulge on holidays, or do you still try to eat healthfully? Maybe it’s the wrong approach, but I’m all about letting loose! Each holiday only comes once per year.
Do you have a set workout schedule that you follow each week?