Hi friends! I’m a bit off of my normal posting schedule this week, and I unfortunately ran out of time to write my weekly “Weigh-In Wednesday” update last night. So, here it is one day late. Better late than never, right?
I was shocked and thrilled when I stepped on the scale yesterday morning! I’m down another 2.2 pounds, for a total loss of 14.8 pounds since I started in February!
Even if I don’t always make the best food choices, I think my body is happy with the portion sizes that I’m eating. (I’m still totally hooked on tracking everything in MyFitnessPal!) I think that building some muscle has something to do with these successes, too, since muscle burns more calories than fat when at rest!
Progress toward last week’s goals:
- Goal: Lose 1 pound. Status: Totally achieved! Hooray!
- Goal: Try 1 new recipe. Status: Unfortunately, I did not achieve this goal this week. I really wanted to make these Italian Meatball Sliders from Cooking Light — I put them on my weekly “menu” and bought all of the ingredients on Saturday — but we went to a family party on Sunday and — you guessed it — had meatball sandwiches. (They totally hit the spot, though!) For that reason, I decided to hold off on these until late next week. I’m happy that I already have everything I need to make them!
- Goal: Work out 4 times and continue with the C25k plan. Status: Sadly, I only worked out once last week. I’m still stuck in a rut. I’m think that what I did for my goal below will help…
- Goal: Finalize a weekly exercise schedule and stick to it. Status: I finally sat down to finalize a revised version of the weekly schedule that I made in the fall. (I apologize for not posting about it this past weekend like I promised.) I feel like this weekly schedule incorporates our existing routines more realistically than the one that I made before.
I’m so schedule-oriented most of the time that I’m really hoping this will motivate me to stick to a routine. (I have heard that a routine is what is going to keep you going when motivation inevitably fades, as it seems to be happening with working out for me.) I think it will be best for me if I update this on Sunday nights and tailor it for each coming week — which I will do for the first time this weekend.
Probably the day that I am most apprehensive about is Thursday… I really want to get in two BodyPump classes per week, but going on Wednesday night is just not feasible with our existing dinner routine. The next best solution is going to Sport&Health for the 5 a.m. class on Thursday morning, in addition to Saturday at 9:30 a.m. I may find that I actually like going to classes that early… I guess I won’t know until I try! There is something about the thought of getting up at 4:45 that makes me want to cry, though.
Goals for the next week:
- Goal: Lose 1 pound.
- Goal: Stick with my new daily routine, including exercise! I need to get back to training for the Fit Foodie 5k in June!
I’m not going to make a recipe goal for this week because most of our dinners until next weigh-in are already accounted for.
Overall, I’m thrilled with my progress and the lasting changes that I have made in regard to my eating habits. Now I just have to get back on the exercise wagon!
Do you find that you are schedule-oriented? My family all makes fun of me, because I’m the keeper of the calendar. I’m basically the master scheduler for my husband and me.